2019 Acura RDX vs. Volvo XC60
Compare Acura RDX vs. Volvo XC60 and you’ll quickly appreciate why the Acura is often cited as an incomparable luxury crossover. Simply read on to see how they compare on:
- Price and Resale Value
- Power and MPG
- Interior Dimensions and Features
The Acura RDX provides luxury performance and comfort while keeping costs manageable compared to the Volvo XC60:
- 2019 Acura RDX FWD: $37,400 MSRP*
- 2019 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum FWD: $39,800 MSRP
The Acura even retains its value longer and provides a more impressive warranty.
- ALG Residual Value after 36 months: 56% with the Acura RDX vs. 47% with the Volvo XC60.
- ALG Residual Value after 60 months: 41% with the Acura RDX vs. 33% with the Volvo XC60.
- Powertrain Warranty: 72 Months/70,000 Miles with the Acura RDX vs. 48 Months/50,000 Miles with the Volvo XC60.
Whether changing lanes on the highway or starting from standstill, the Acura RDX’s superior outputs make a noticeable difference:
- Acura RDX FWD: Up to 272 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque
- Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum FWD: 250 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque
Despite the Acura RDX commanding considerably more power than the Volvo XC60, mpg ratings run roughly neck-and-neck:
- Acura RDX FWD: Up to an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway**.
- Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum FWD: Up to an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
The Acura RDX provides several features as standard that cost extra with the Volvo XC60, including heated front seats and a universal garage door opener. However, the real difference comes in terms of interior dimensions:
|Acura RDX FWD||Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum FWD|
|29.5 Cubic Feet||Cargo Volume Behind the 2nd Row||17.8 Cubic Feet|
|59.7/56.6-inches||Shoulder Room (Front/Rear)||58.2/56.3-inches|
The 2019 Acura RDX Outclasses the 2019 Volvo XC60
Whether looking at Volvo XC60 resale value, Acura RDX performance, or Volvo XC60 warranty, the Acura RDX clearly comes out ahead. Contact us today or visit your nearest Puget Sound Acura dealer to talk financing, explore current specials, or arrange a test drive.
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or destination and handling charge. Destination & Handling charge is $995 for sedans and $995 for SUVs. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.